“If you want to reap financial blessings, you have to sow financially” – Joel Osteen
2017 RRSP Contribution Deadline – March 1, 2018
One final reminder for all those intending to contribute for the 2017 Tax Year. The last day to contribute is March 1st.
On Wednesday’s NDP Budget Recap article, it was initially reported that the Home Owner Grant would be eliminated. What is actually being eliminated is the BC Home Owner Mortgage & Equity Partnership (HOME). We corrected this mistake on our blog a few hours later.
The Home Owner Grant is the discount that home owners receive on their property tax bill.
The BC HOME Plan is a program designed to assist first-time home buyers. We wrote about it last year after its announcement, here.
Weekly Market Wrap-Up
- The TSX closed at 15639, up 186 points or 1.20% over the past week. YTD the TSX is down -3.52%.
- The DOW closed at 25310, up 91 points or 0.36% over the past week. YTD the DOW is up 2.39%.
- The S&P closed at 2747, up 15 points or 0.55% over the past week. YTD the S&P is up 2.73%.
- The Nasdaq closed at 7337, up 97 points or 1.34% over the past week. YTD the Nasdaq is up 6.29%.
- Gold closed at 1331, down 33.00 points or -1.26% over the past week. YTD gold is up 1.60%.
- Oil closed at 63.54, up 1.89 points or 3.07% over the past week. YTD oil is up 5.16%.
- The USD/CAD closed at 0.7914, down -0.0053 points or -0.66% over the past week. YTD the USD/CAD is down -0.49%.
- The MSCI closed at 2117, down -14 points or -0.66% over the past week. YTD the MSCI is up 0.67%.
- The Euro Stoxx 50 closed at 3442, up 15 points or 0.44% over the past week. YTD the Euro Stoxx 50 is down -1.77%.
- The FTSE closed at 7244, down -51 points or -0.70% over the past week. YTD the FTSE is down -5.78%.
- The CAC closed at 5317, up 35 points or 0.66% over the past week. YTD the CAC is up 0.08%.
- DAX closed at 12484, up 32.00 points or 0.26% over the past week. YTD DAX is down -3.36%.
- Nikkei closed at 21893, up 173.00 points or 0.80% over the past week. YTD Nikkei is down -3.83%.
- The Shanghai closed at 3289, up 90.0000 points or 2.81% over the past week. YTD the Shanghai is down -0.54%.
- The 10-Yr Bond Yield closed at 2.87, down -0.0100 points or -0.35% over the past week. YTD the 10-Yr Bond is up 19.58%.
Sources: Globe Advisor, Dynamic Funds