The Sochi Olympics confirm that Canada rocks!! For Olympic champions, winning a Gold medal means winning big indeed.
Find out here how much Olympic winners earn with product endorsements and speaking engagements. I just hope that they have a good financial planner to ensure they invest and plan properly!!
According to Opendorse.com, corporations spend an estimated $1.1 billion on athletic endorsements every year. Here’s a look at the current highest-earning athletes holding an Olympic medal and their estimated yearly earnings:
- Roger Federer, Olympic gold and silver medalist – $65 million yearly
- LeBron James, Olympic gold medalist – $42 million yearly
- Usain Bolt, six-time Olympic gold medalist – $24 million yearly
- Rafael Nadal, Olympic gold medalist - $21 million yearly
- Serena Williams, Olympic gold medalist – $12 million yearly
- Carmelo Anthony, Olympic record-setter whose team won gold – $9 million yearly
- Shaun White, two-time Olympic gold medalist – $7 million yearly