Tax Return Checklists
We offer our tax services throughout the year to our investment clients.
The tax deadline to file a Canadian personal return is April 30th. If you are self-employed, the filing deadline is June 15th, but late-payment interest will accrue effective May 1st. The above deadlines only apply if you have a tax balance owing.
If you have a non-registered account, we request that you wait until after March 25th to drop off your documents. Financial institutions take longer to send in non-registered account tax receipts to CRA. We don’t want to risk filing before all documents have been received.
You can drop-off your tax documents by e-mail, fax, or in person at our office. No appointment is necessary to drop-off your documents. We require a two week turnaround to complete your return. Therefore, if you want to be sure your file will be completed by April 30, you should drop off your documents no later than April 15.
What’s New for 2018
We have updated our tax checklists. We hope you will find the layout and formatting to be more user-friendly. We welcome any feedback you may have.
Changes you need to know about:
- Revised pricing: reflects investing client discount (no changes to prices for You First investing clients)
- We no longer need your Notice of Assessment or your previous year’s tax folder
- If you have a non-registered account at YF, please drop off your taxes after March 25th , 2018
- Are you self-employed? Please enter totals on YF Worksheet. We do not need receipts [BC Hydro, Cell, etc]
- Do you have a non-registered account outside of YF? Please provide copies of your gain/loss statement
- The Children’s Art and Fitness Credit has been discontinued
- The RC62 Universal Child Care Benefit has been discontinued
- You may only claim expenses for Public Transit Passes for the months of January to June 2017
Please note that we no longer prepare US tax returns.