Tax Return Checklists
We offer our tax services throughout the year to our investment clients. We are not taking on new “Tax Only” clients at this time.
The tax deadline to file a Canadian personal return is April 30. If you are self-employed, the filing deadline is June 15, but late-payment interest will accrue effective May 1. The above deadlines only apply if you have a tax balance owing.
If you have a non-registered account, we request that you wait until after April 1 to drop off your documents. Financial institutions take longer to send in non-registered account tax receipts to CRA. We don’t want to risk filing before all documents have been received.
You can drop off your tax documents by e-mail, fax, or in person at our office. No appointment is necessary to drop off your documents. We require a two-week turnaround to complete your return. Therefore, if you want to be sure your file will be completed by April 30, you should drop off your documents no later than April 15.
What’s New for 2020
We have updated our tax checklists for the 2019 tax year.
Changes you need to know about:
- $5 discount per client if you opt for a PDF version of your tax return (instead of paper file/folders)
- We no longer need your Notice of Assessment or your previous year’s tax folder
- If you have a non-registered account at YF, please drop off your taxes after April 1, 2020
- If you have a non-registered account outside of YF, please provide copies of your gain/loss statement
- Are you self-employed? Please enter totals on our Business Worksheet. We do not need receipts [such as BC Hydro, Cell, etc]