We have some important administrative updates we’d like to share with you.
1. E-Consent Added to Wealthview Portal
The FundEX Wealthview portal now offers clients the option of electronically signing, or e-consenting, to most forms related to your portfolio. There are many advantages for the client:
- All documents shared from advisor to client, and back to advisor, are shared in a fully secured environment. This is especially important, as e-mail hackers and electronic theft are on the rise.
- The process can be faster and more convenient for clients, especially those who do not have access to a printer or scanner.
- Less documents that need to be printed means less negative impact on our environment.
- The document sharing feature of the portal can be used for any document, not just trade forms, that we need to send to you containing sensitive information.
If your portfolio is in the Nominee structure, you can already approve many types of trade requests verbally or via e-mail. However, Nominee account holders will still benefit from point 4 above when receiving non-trade related documents.
Which accounts can use e-consent?
Currently, only accounts that are solely owned can use e-consent. Jointly-owned accounts and corporate accounts are not eligible for e-consent. E-consent for these accounts will be added in the future.
I don’t have access to Wealthview. How do I get access?
If you do not have your Wealthview portal access set up, please contact us. We will activate your Wealthview profile.
How do I access the document and provide consent?
- Login to the Wealthview Portal
- Upon logging in, you’ll receive a pop-up saying, “Your documents repository has been updated.” Click on “My Documents”
- Under “Awaiting Your Signature”, you’ll see your document. You will see a statement informing you that e-consenting is, for legal purposes, the same as a physical signature
- Click the “I have read the acknowledgement above” box
- Then, click the document itself (the blue item in the Consult column)
- Read the document in full
- At the bottom of the document, click the “I have read the acknowledgement above” box
- If you notice an error, you can click the “Reject” button and comment on what the error was
- If the document is acceptable, click the “Sign” button
- You’ll be asked to enter your login password again to confirm the acceptance
- The document will be processed and a green “thumbs-up” box will pop up saying the e-signature has been applied successfully. You’re done!
- Your signed document can be printed or saved on your computer, but it will be saved in your portal for seven years.
2. Verbal Consent Required For All Redemptions
As a new compliance requirement and for the safety of our clients, we will require verbal confirmation of any redemption requests, regardless of the amount.
We are taking this step to ensure we have received redemption instructions from the account owner(s).
3. You First Website Update
We are hard at work on refreshing the You First website. We hope to have the new website go live within the next month.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns on any of the above subjects. We value your input, as our top priority is to create the most client-friendly service model possible.