Here is where to get your tax receipt for the BC transit passes and how to get your tax credit on your tax return.

***PLEASE REMEMBER*** that only certain passes count. Unfortunately the BC compass website calculates all the trips you have done and not just the trips you are eligible to claim. You still need to manually go through and subtract all non-eligible trips before using that number on your tax return.

The CRA website list the eligible passes:

These passes must allow unlimited travel within Canada on:

local buses;
commuter trains;
commuter buses;
local ferries.

You can also claim the cost of Short-term passes if:

Each pass entitles you to unlimited travel for at least 5 consecutive days; and you buy enough of these passes for unlimited travel for at least 20 days in any 28-day period.

Electronic payment cards if the card is used to make at least 32 one-way trips over a maximum of 31 consecutive days; and the card is issued by a public transit authority that records and provides a receipt for the cost and usage of the card.

We will be happy to do your tax return of course.  Here are our tax checklists to get organized and our tax preparation fees.