“The greatest inspiration is the deadline” – Anonymous
2018 RRSP Deadline Has Arrived, Tax Season Looms
Another year, another RRSP deadline. After today, all contributions will count toward your 2019 Tax Returns.
Tax season is the next big calendar event on the horizon. The 2018 tax deadline for most Canadians is April 30, 2019. If you or your spouse are self-employed, then your return is due June 15, 2019.
Regardless of when your taxes are due, if you owe money on your return, it is due on April 30, 2019.
We will be sending out our 2018 Tax Year reminder and checklists next week.
Weekly Update – By The Numbers
- The TSX closed at 16,068, up 55 points or 0.34% over the past week. YTD the TSX is up 12.18%.
- The DOW closed at 26,026, down -6 points or -0.02% over the past week. YTD the DOW is up 11.57%.
- The S&P 500 closed at 2,804, up 11 points or 0.39% over the past week. YTD the S&P 500 is up 11.85%.
- The NASDAQ closed at 7,595, up 67 points or 0.89% over the past week. YTD the NASDAQ is up 14.47%.
- Gold closed at 1,294, down 9.00 points or -2.78% over the past week. YTD gold is up 0.70%.
- Oil closed at 55.73, down -1.45 points or -2.54% over the past week. YTD oil is up 21.60%.
- The USD/CAD closed at 0.7521, down -0.0084 points or -1.10% over the past week. YTD the USD/CAD is up 2.63%.
- The MSCI closed at 2,096, up 9 points or 0.43% over the past week. YTD the MSCI is up 11.19%.
- The Euro Stoxx 50 closed at 3,312, up 41 points or 1.25% over the past week. YTD the Euro Stoxx 50 is up 10.36%.
- The FTSE closed at 7,107, down -72 points or -1.00% over the past week. YTD the FTSE is up 5.63%.
- The CAC closed at 5,265, up 49 points or 0.94% over the past week. YTD the CAC is up 11.29%.
- DAX closed at 11,602, up 144.00 points or 1.26% over the past week. YTD DAX is up 9.88%.
- Nikkei closed at 21,603, up 177.00 points or 0.83% over the past week. YTD Nikkei is up 7.93%.
- The Shanghai closed at 2,994, up 190.0000 points or 6.78% over the past week. YTD the Shanghai is up 20.05%.
- The 10-Yr Bond Yield closed at 2.76, up 0.1000 points or 3.76% over the past week. YTD the 10-Yr Bond Yield is up 2.60%.
Sources: Dynamic Funds
This information is provided for general information purposes only. It does not constitute professional advice. Please contact a professional about your specific needs before taking any action.