Tax Return Checklists
We offer our tax services throughout the year to our investment clients. We are not taking on NEW tax clients at this time.
The tax deadline to file a Canadian personal return is April 30th. If you are self-employed, the filing deadline is June 15th, but late-payment interest will accrue effective May 1st. The above deadlines only apply if you have a tax balance owing.
If you have a non-registered account, we request that you wait until after April 1st to send in your documents. Financial institutions take longer to send in non-registeredaccount tax receipts to CRA. We don’t want to risk filing before all documents have beenreceived.
You can send in your tax documents by e-mail, fax, or drop off in person at our office. No appointment is necessary to drop off your documents. However, we ask that you let us know when to expect you.
We kindly ask you to make use of electronic submission options, if possible. You can send your documents to us by email or log onto your Investia Client Portal, on the left menu, go to Your Documents/ Document Sharing and follow the instructions. Download the Wealthview User Guide, and go to page 8 for details.
We require a three-week turnaround to complete your return. Therefore, if you want to be sure your file will be completed by April 30th, you should drop off your documents no later than April 7th.
We have updated our tax checklists for the 2022 tax year.
New this year:
- We ask that you submit tax documents as one submission. We take the utmost care to ensure an accurate return. Please help us by submitting all your documents together. Separate submissions increase the chance of a missed document and an on your return.
- Donations and medical receipts – add up the totals and note it on top of your receipt stacks. If you are submitting electronically, let us know the totals by email.
- We will automatically generate a PDF tax return this year. If you wish to have a printed copy, there is an extra charge of $5.00 per return.
- Some of our pricing has changed. See the Fee Schedule attached.
- We no longer need your Notice of Assessment or your previous year’s tax folder.
- If you have a non-registered account at YF, please drop off your taxes after April 1st, 2022.
- If you have a non-registered account outside of YF, please provide copies of your gain/loss statements.
- Are you self-employed? Please enter totals on our Business Worksheet. We do not need receipts [such as BC Hydro, Cell, etc].
- Did you work from home in 2022? Use our Employment Expenses Worksheet to help you determine if you are eligible to apply these expenses to your tax return AND if you should use the simplified or the detailed calculation method. Be sure to ask your employer to complete a T2200 or a T2200S form (this form is required).